Short and Long-Term Disability
Commonly employers offer their employees short and long-term disability benefits in addition to other benefits like health insurance and life insurance. So, for example, if you become unable to work because of an illness or injury, you may be eligible to receive disability benefits to help replace a portion of your income while you are unable to work.
At the Law Office of Katherine L. MacKinnon, our employee benefits attorneys help individuals apply for benefits; we handle administrative appeals if you have been denied benefits or have had your benefits terminated; and we litigate when you have exhausted your appeals to the benefit plan or insurance company.
Below is a list of some of our recent wins related to short and long-term disability benefits:
- Stover v. Delta Air Lines, Inc., 2017 WL 4277144 (D. Minn. 9/25/17)
- Broderick v. Hartford Life & Accid. Ins. Co., 2017 WL 652451 (D. Minn. 2/16/17)
- Lanpher v. Metro. Life Ins. Co., 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 137451 (D. Minn. 9/29/14)
- Gordon v. Nw. Airlines, Inc. Long-Term Disability Income Plan, 606 F. Supp. 2d 1017 (D. Minn. 2009)
- Abram v. Cargill, Inc., 395 F.3d 882 (8th Cir. 2006)
Request a Free Consultation About Your Short or Long-Term Disability Benefits
Our attorneys are happy to speak with you about your claim for disability benefits. Our office is in St. Paul. We work with employees throughout the Twin Cities and elsewhere in Minnesota.